Saturday 27 October 2012

Kindle- The Best Present Ever!

Happy Saturday everyone :) As usual, I am at home enjoying some mindless TV with my fantastic mother (the social scene is not really my thing). Now, before I go to bed to indulge in my brand new (belated) birthday gift, I thought I would share my opinion with you... the Kindle is the greatest invention EVER. Seriously, while I understand the sentimentality when it comes to a tangible book- the smell, the feel of the pages between your fingers... in truth, all of that means nothing at all when you compare it to the convenience of a Kindle. Here are the reasons why I am in love with my Kindle:
  • Great Discounts: You can buy books for HALF the price you would pay for them in a conventional book shop- this includes best sellers... AND the classics (Jane Austen, Charles Dickens etc.) are FREE,
  • Instant Access: Once you have purchased your book, it automatically downloads onto your Kindle. You can read it right there and then!
  • Font Size: You can adjust the font size of the book you are reading to suit your preferences- great for people like me with bad eyesight.
  • Percentage Progress Bar: The Kindle does not show page numbers, but rather shows you a status bar which tells you the percentage of the book that you have read, as well as the different chapters. With ordinary books, I tend to get pretty OCD about page numbers- with the Kindle I can relax and just enjoy the story. FAB.
  • Storage: The Kindle can store hundreds of books, so you can keep your entire library in one place- AND it only weighs a few grams. 

There are so many other reasons, I just can't record them all. But seriously... take my advice- if you are a reader, this is the ideal gadget for you! Save a tree, buy a Kindle! You will never, ever look back.

Hope you all have an eventful weekend... as for me, I am off to hop in the bath and then I am jumping straight into bed to enjoy my latest, greatest toy ;) Ciao for now.

B
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment