Tuesday 2 October 2012

Inspiration

Hi everyone,

So although I am a copywriter, I am also an avid poet and enthusiastic creative writer. My greatest inspiration? *drum roll* LOVE. Surprise, surprise! I don't think there is anything else in this world that is more interesting or more enticing than love and all of its horrors. I say 'horrors' because there is an extremely ugly side to love as well as a beautiful one. The fact is that you are never more vulnerable than when you are in love. Trusting someone completely is a dangerous state of affairs and can often end in disaster. I have experienced that before... it still haunts me... but damn, it sure makes for some amazing inspiration.
 

I know of many people who come near to killing themselves for their art. They do not allow themselves happiness... they thrive on pain and sorrow. It's not healthy, but, because of it, they are truly masters of creation. Is extraordinary art worth putting yourself through hell over and over again? I suppose the answer to that is subjective...

 

B
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment